1. Maximum two terms in office.
It’s unfortunate to have councillors
holding office for almost
2. No election campaigning for
Mayors, Councillors and
Trustees currently in office.
Four years in office is long enough
to become known to
3. Candidates should be allowed
and encouraged to begin
their campaigns as early as the day
following an election.
Last minute candidates cause damage
rather than help the
4. Agreeing to lower salaries
should be allowed and used
as a strategy.
It is unacceptable that mayors and
councillors be paid
100,000 to more than 200,000 dollars
when the poverty line
is around $20,000.
5. Proportional Presentation
should be adopted.
Presenting more than 100.000
residents with number of votes less
than 7% of them is not democratic.
6. Permanent residents should be
allowed to vote.
Living, working and paying taxes in
our city and not being
allowed to vote is discrimination.